Young Leaders Academy
The McConnell Center offers this annual program to outstanding high school students to help hone their leadership skills and further their understanding of American history.
Admission to the YLA conference is CLOSED.
Programming will consider the following:
- The origins of written constitutions
- Federalist & Anti-Federalist debates
- Disagreements about the proper role of government in modern America
- Role of federal courts and political institutions in modern America
- What changes and amendments students might advocate making to the United States Constitution
Participants stay at the University of Louisville under the guidance of McConnell Center staff and university honors students. Participants take part in a series of seminars, discussions, lectures, team-building activities and structured socials during their four-day stay.
Sessions are led by faculty, staff and students of the University of Louisville and other area institutions and are to be conducted at or near an entry-level college experience.
Saturday, June 22
Ekstrom Library, McConnell Center
2215 S. 3rd Street , Louisville, Kentucky 40208
No recent activity