UofL Arbor Day Celebration 2020
10am, HSC at Abraham Flexner Way & Preston
11am, Online via Microsoft Teams
Noon, Garden Commons (SW corner of Strickler Hall)
Come help us restore Louisville's shrinking tree canopy. Join us for a celebration of UofL’s on-going commitment to trees and our status as a Tree Campus USA (for 10 years running!).
- Help us plant new trees on campus!
10am at Abraham Flexner Way & Preston
12:30pm meet at the Garden Commons (SW corner of Strickler Hall)
- At 11am, join us online for a tree-themed Sustainability Roundtable: Green Forests Work
- A limited number of free native tree saplings will be available to plant in your yard or neighborhood! "Treecipients" can take home a dogwood, Kentucky coffeetree or Shumard oak (all like full sun and tolerate pollution and drought).
- At HSC (10am-11am at Abraham Flexner Way & Preston), a Louisville Grows Citizen Forester will be on hand to explain best practices for tree planting, and you'll learn about The Nature Conservancy’s Healthy Trees, Healthy Cities App to increase awareness about tree stewardship and citizen science.
- At Belknap (noon-1pm at Garden Commons, SW corner of Strickler Hall), enjoy a 30 minute Garden Commons Workshop on Restoring our Urban Canopy while snacking on free local apples from UofL Dining and enjoying tree smoothies made entirely with tree fruits and nuts, including native pawpaws, serviceberries, and peaches harvested right here on campus!
Co-sponsored by UofL's Sustainability Council, HSC Green Team, UofL Dining, and UofL Office of Health Promotion.
This is a UofL Sustainability Week event!
Friday, October 23, 2020 at 10:00am to 1:00pm
various campus locations