UofL Arbor Day Celebration 2020
8:30am-10:30am, HSC Kornhauser plaza
11am-2pm, Belknap Academic Building Quad
3pm, HSC Clinical Translational Research Bldg. (CTR)
Come help us restore Louisville's shrinking tree canopy. Join us for a celebration of UofL’s on-going commitment to trees and our status as a Tree Campus USA (for 10 years running!).
- Help us plant new trees on campus! Three opportunities:
9:30am at Abraham Flexner Way & Preston
Noon meet at the Garden Commons (SW corner of Strickler Hall)
3pm at HSC Clinical & Translational Research Bldg. (CTR)
- Take home free native tree saplings to plant in your yard or neighborhood! You will be able to take your pick of roughleaf dogwoods, black walnuts, yellow poplars (tallest tree in KY, straight), and Shumard oaks (bright red fall foliage, full sun, tolerates pollution and drought).
- Tree-themed activities with prizes and free apples for everyone!
- Enjoy bike-blender tree smoothies made entirely with tree fruits and nuts, including native pawpaws from a Louisville community garden, and peaches and native serviceberries harvested right here on campus!
- At HSC, you'll also be able to sample another delicious treat from trees: coffee! And we'll be giving away reusable utensils.
- At 11am, join us online for a tree-themed Sustainability Roundtable: Green Forests Work
Co-sponsored by UofL's Sustainability Council, HSC Green Team, UofL Dining, and UofL Office of Health Promotion.
Friday, October 23 at 8:30am to 4:00pm
various campus locations