School of Nursing: Primary Care Update Continuing Education (CE) Program
Join the School of Nursing faculty members for a total of five (5) free Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in Primary Care. Participation can be in person or online. To join the meeting on a computer or mobile phone, use this link: https://bluejeans.com/610992806?src=calendarLink
This program is open to all RNs and APRNs.
- Discuss strategies and standards of care regarding Women’s Health in Primary Care, Kristin Baisch, WHNP, FNP-BC
- Examine evidence based data for the treatment of lumbar sacral strain in Primary Care, Brian Stanly, DNP, ENP-BC, ANP-BC, FNP-C
- Review the 2018 Guidelines on Management of Blood Cholesterol,
Dedra Hayden, APRN-BC
- Discuss and demonstrate oral exam in Primary Care,
Michelle Baxter, APRN- BC
- Establish JNC 8 evidence based treatment goals for patients with hypertension
- Select optimal treatment plans for patients with hypertension focusing on key evidence regarding diuretics, combination therapy, and beta blockers
Please RSVP to Karen Turner if attending (email@example.com)
Free to ULSON employees and UL alumni. 5.0 CEU’s will be offered to nurses who are present in person or online for the five-hour course and who complete the evaluation. No prerequisites are required. The target audience is registered nurse and advance practice nurses involved in primary care. Credits provided by the Kentucky Board of Nursing, 2 hours approved pharmacology, provider # 3-0046-12-19-02.
Friday, March 29, 2019 at 10:00am to 3:00pm
University of Louisville School of Nursing, K-Wing Building, K-Wing Building 2003 555 South Floyd Street