PINK (Procurement Information you Need to Know) Initiative
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Great Lakes and Ohio River Division, Louisville District, in conjunction with the University of Louisville’s Women’s Center, is holding the PINK (Procurement Information you Need to Know) Initiative, Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 8:30 A – 3P at the University of Louisville’s Swain Student Activities Center, 2100 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY.
The PINK Initiative is a targeted Woman-owned Business (WOB), Woman-owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-owned Small Business (EDWOSB) Initiative to reinforce USACE Commands commitment to provide the maximum practicable opportunity for technically competent, capable firms to compete for procurements that help us ‘deliver the program’.
The PINK Initiative is intended to help:
- Heighten awareness about the USACE Enterprise and our business lines among women-owned firms, and their importance to the USACE mission, and the nation’s economy. .
- Educate WOBs, WOSBs, and EDWOSBs on regulations, tactics and strategies to optimize capabilities to be better positioned to compete for USACE FY 2020 procurement opportunities, and beyond.
- Provide a ‘Top 10’ NAICS Code driven networking forum that enables WOBs, WOSBs and EDWOSBs to meet, connect, and align to exchange capabilities that may facilitate teaming, mentor/protégé, or joint ventures, to strengthen viability to compete for future USACE procurements opportunities.
- Capture feedback to help effect solutions on challenges faced by women-owned firms doing business, or desiring to do business, with USACE.
- Encourage innovative college students that aspire to launch a business that aligns with our procurement needs, or desire to work at USACE.
The PINK Initiative demonstrates collaboration between USACE and federal agency partners, associations, higher education institutions, and various organizations.
Registration is required for this free event via Eventbrite at: ?https://www.eventbrite.com/e/usace-lrd-louisviile-district-pink-procurement-information-you-need-to-know-initiative-tickets-64803949357 until noon, August 6th.
The PINK Initiative will precede a separate Business Opportunities Open House (BOOH) held August 8th. PINK Initiative attendees are encouraged to also attend the BOOH as the Louisville District leads the Great Lakes and Ohio River Division in contract awards to women-owned businesses, women-owned small businesses, and economically disadvantaged women-owned small businesses. Questions about PINK can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 8:30am to 3:00pm
Student Activities Center (SAC), Multipurpose Room
2100 S. Floyd Street , Louisville, Kentucky 40208